Total Life Changes claims that you can easily lose 5lbs in 5 days without exercising and you can make a lot of money promoting their products.
It’s probably what got you interested in joining the company and now, you want to make sure that it isn’t a scam.
Total Life Changes is not a scam. But contrary to what the company and its distributors claim, there is no guarantee that the Total Life Changes products will work, nor it’s easy to make a life-changing income with this business. All of which I will discuss why in this video.
In this Total Life Changes review, we’ll mainly be answering two questions. First, does the TLC products work and secondly, is it the right business opportunity for you and do you have what it takes to become successful.
I know how valuable your time is so let’s get started…
What is Total Life Changes all about? Total Life Changes (TLC) is a Multi-level Marketing (MLM) company that operates in the health and wellness niche similar to Atomy. TLC has been around since 1999 and was previously known as SeAcai. In 2012, the company was relaunched and re-branded to as Total Life Changes (TLC).
Its mission is to provide products and a community that you’ll feel. I’m not quite sure what the “feel” means though. But generally, the company sources for high-quality health and wellness supplements and they distribute them through their network of distributors.
Who is the founder? The company was co-founded by Jack Fallon and John Licari. The duo claims to have started their business operation in the basement of Jack’s home in Fair Haven, Michigan. Humble beginnings aside, TLC is now currently operating in more than 140 countries and is widely known for its weight loss products.
How to join Total Life Changes? You can join through the person who introduced you to TLC where they will provide you with their distributor ID (most distributor will walk you through the process). But, if you do not wish to speak to any distributor to get the products, then you can go to their website and complete a form.
You can join TLC as a Preferred Customer or a Distributor (or Life Changer as the company calls it). More on the cost below.
What are the benefits of a Preferred Customer? By becoming a Preferred Customer, you’ll be entitled to earn retail profits, get free products and earn credits by sharing the TLC products to other people.
The benefits include:
- A personal retail site for shopping and sharing TLC products.
- The potential to earn FREE Total Life Changes products.
- Free TLC Preferred Customer mobile App.
- Ability to send samples to potential customers.
Becoming a Preferred Customer is free. You simply need to fill up an online form and provide your personal information like address, email, phone number, etc.
Meanwhile, if you want to join as a Life Changer to do business with this company, I’ve got some interesting info for you.
How much does it cost to join the business opportunity? It costs more than $49.95 to start a business with TLC contrary to what others may have told you. Because after you picked a Starter Kit ($49.95), you will still be required to pick at least 1 product to complete the enrollment.
As you can see in the image below, I already selected the Standard Starter Kit but when I click continue, a notification at the top pops up informing me that I need to purchase at least 1 additional item or TLC product to proceed.
The company’s cheapest product as I was writing this Total Life Changes review costs $49.95 (Iaso Tea 5 Pack), which effectively brings your upfront starting investment from $49.95 to $99.90.
As a Life Changer, you’ll be entitled to:
- Replicated online retail site to sell products.
- A personal enrollment site for your new Life Changer prospects.
- Access to the Life Changer Portal to monitor your business.
- The ability to participate in the Total Life Changes compensation plan to earn a part-time or full-time income.
Note: The main difference between Preferred Customers and Life Changers is that only Life Changers can earn money from the sales of their recruits. Preferred Customers can only make money on personal sales.
Is Total Life Changes legit? Isn’t it a pyramid scheme? Total Life Changes is a legitimate MLM company. It offers tangible and retail-able products. And unlike the products of “shady” companies that usually don’t provide any value for your money, you can find many people that benefited from Total Life Changes products.
Furthermore, Life Changers can also make money outside recruitment by plain retailing, something that is not possible in a pyramid scheme.
Are Total Life Changes products FDA approved? Total Life Changes products are defined as “dietary supplements.” Currently, U.S. federal law does not require dietary supplements to be proven safe by the FDA before they are marketed.
So unless I’m missing something, it’s safe to assume that Total Life Changes products aren’t FDA approved. Furthermore, no matter what other people tell you, dietary supplements aren’t supposed to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
So there isn’t any guarantee that these products will work and the only way to be sure is if you try them yourself.
Are there any Total Life Changes complaints? Most of the complaints people have against the company are about the products not working and getting sick after taking TLC products.
And because the products didn’t work, its only natural for customers to ask for a refund. However, many people are also having issues getting refunds from Total Life Changes.
And as much as I don’t want to damage this company’s reputation, I also found people have issues about the products they ordered. Apparently, many customers paid for products that didn’t arrive on time or never arrived at all.
One good thing though is that Total Life Changes seem to be trying their best to attend to these complaints which is why you’ll see most of them are either “Answered” or “Resolved.”
Nevertheless, I would still think twice about trying products which I may not get a refund for, or worse, could make me sick. But hey, it’s just me and if you want to share your thoughts about this matter, you can leave a comment below.
Total Life Changes has a wide range of products for weight loss, personal and skin care, coffee, essential oils, and for overall health and wellness.
Let me walk you through the most popular and best selling Total Life Changes products.
- Instant Iaso Tea ($59.95/50 Sachets) – This is a detox tea and Total Life Changes’ flagship product that provides slimming, colon cleansing and natural body detoxification.
- NutraBurst Liquid Multivitamin ($54.95/473ml) – A liquid multivitamin supposedly designed to detoxify your system and supply essential elements to your body.
- Techui ($59.95/90 Capsules) – A blend of 100% refined spirulina powder and is rich in protein, vitamins, minerals, chlorophyll and other essential nutrients needed by your body.
- Resolution Drops ($59.95/60ml) – A liquid formula designed for those who want to lose weight quickly and safely, without having to sacrifice their daily routine.
- Gano ($59.95/90 Capsules) – Made from Ganoderma Lucidum (also known as Reishi), this food supplement is said to increase your body’s resistance to stress and help it overcome health challenges more quickly.
- Delgada Coffee ($54.95/428 Sachets) – A premium Arabica instant coffee that helps provide your body with key nutrients, controls appetite and aids in weight loss.
- Slim Paste ($24.95/4 oz) – A slimming toothpaste that curbs your appetite. (Now, that’s new)
- Essential Soap ($12.95/4.5 oz) – A body soap supposedly made with 100% pure therapeutic grade essential oils with shea butter to provide a superior cleanse while leaving your skin moisturized and healthy.
- NRG ($54.95/30 Capsules) – An all-natural formula supposedly designed to provide vigor, improve mental clarity, burn fat and curb your appetite.
- Strike For Men ($69.95/ 6 Pills) – Supposedly a drug-free blend of premium quality natural herbal ingredients that enhance and support sexual response.
- Essential Oils – Cost between $14.95 to $52.95 for a 15ml bottle depending on the kind. Choices include frankincense essential oil, lemon, peppermint, tea tree ad wild lavender essential oil.
With the company’s Multi-Level Marketing settings, you can make money in two ways – selling products and “building a sales team” aka recruitment.
But before you can qualify to earn any retail or recruitment commissions, you first need to place a product order worth 40QV.
Each Total Life Changes product has a corresponding QV or Qualifying Volume. For example, the Iaso Tea 5 Pack, Instant Iaso Tea, NutraBurst among others all have 40QV.
Placing a regular monthly order for one of these products allows you to earn money from the company’s compensation plan.
If you don’t want to spend your own money on monthly product orders or “Smartship,” then you need to sell 320QV worth of products through your online retail website.
Although as a Life Changer, it makes no sense that you aren’t using the product regularly, which is why most Life Changers are enrolled in the Smartship program.
Nevertheless, these are your potential income in the Total Life Changes business opportunity.
You won’t get any product discounts by joining Total Life Changes. But as a Life Changer, you will be entitled to a profit of 50% for every 40QV of the product you sell on your retail website.
For example, when you sell one Iaso Tea 5 Pack that retails at $49.95, you will earn $20. Why? It’s because Iaso Tea 5 Pack has 40QV thus you’ll receive 50% of the 40QV.
Therefore, learning how to find a steady supply of prospects online is essential for your success in this business.
Fast Start Bonus
As you build your team and start recruiting people, you will also earn a 50% commission from the first product order of your personally enrolled Life Changer. Say your recruit ordered 100QV worth of products in his/her first order, then you’ll earn $50.
This is where you’re supposed to earn the big bucks as a Life Changer. However, it will be very tough to make money in this pay structure.
In a binary compensation plan, you will build two sales teams – the left, and the right. All Life Changers you recruit into TLC, and all the recruits of your recruits will be placed in either your left or right sales force.
Now here’s the deal. To qualify for binary commissions, you need to have (1) 40QV and (2) at least two personally recruited Life Changers in your team.
But the reason why I said it will be tough to make money with Total Life Changes is because you will only get paid based on the GCV or Global Commissionable Volume of the weaker sales team every month. GCV is basically the total QV of your sales team.
So for example, even if your right sales team has 1000 GCV but your left team only has 100GCV, you will only get paid based on the weaker sales team, which is 100GCV.
Depending on your rank, you will earn from 10% up to 25%. But if you’re new, we can safely assume that you’re on the 10% threshold.
Therefore using the example above, you will get paid 10% of the 100GCV which is $10.
Meanwhile, these are the different affiliate ranks within the Total Life Changes’ business opportunity.
- Affiliate (not Binary Qualified) – 40QV and have less than 2 personally recruited Life Changer on your team.
- Associate (10%) – 40QV and have at least 2 personal recruits to become Binary Qualified.
- Apprentice (10%) – 40QV, Binary Qualified and 500GCV on the weak sales team.
- Director (12%) – 80QV, Binary Qualified and 1,000GCV on the weak sales team.
- Rising Start (12%) – 80QV, Binary Qualified and 2,500GCV on the weak sales team.
- Executive Director (14%) – 80QV, Binary Qualified and 5,000GCV on the weak sales team.
- Regional Director (17%) – 120QV, Binary Qualified, at least 1 active sponsored Executive Director and 10,000GCV on the weak sales team.
- National Director (20%) – 120QV, Binary Qualified, at least 1 active sponsored Regional Director and 20,000GCV on the weak sales team.
- Global Director (20%) – 120QV, Binary Qualified, at least 2 active sponsored Executive Directors, 1 personally sponsored National Director and 50,000GCV on the weak sales team.
- Ambassador (22%) – 120QV, Binary Qualified, at least 4 active sponsored Executive Directors, 1 personally sponsored Global Director and 100,000GCV on the weak sales team.
- Executive Ambassador (25%) –120QV, Binary Qualified, at least 8 active sponsored Executive Directors, 1 personally sponsored Ambassador and 250,000GCV on the weak sales team.
You can earn a 50% commission every month based on the binary commission earned by your directly sponsored Life Changers.
Life Changer Bonus
Once you hit the rank of National Director and above, you can receive a monthly cash bonus of $1,500 to cover your expenses in doing the business.
Now, wouldn’t you agree that Total Life Changes’ compensation plan is lucrative? However, I want to point out that this is not a new thing in MLM companies.
And the truth is, only very few people find success in this kind of business and I will discuss why in the remaining section of this Total Life Changes review below.
In the meantime, this is the recent video of the company’s compensation plan if you want to verify any of the information above.
Should you join Total Life Changes? If the products don’t work for you, then there is no real incentive in joining. Imagine convincing other people to buy the products that you don’t believe in. That’s unethical and I’m sure you wouldn’t stoop down to that level just to make money.
Nevertheless, even if the products did work for you, the next thing to consider is if this business suits your passion and interests. You are basically going to be an “unpaid” sales representative of the company.
I say unpaid because you will only make money if you can sell the products yourself or you can build a large sales team that does the same. Now, let me ask you this…
Is selling dietary supplements and recruiting people something you want to do every single day?
I personally would prefer to build a business that allows me to make money without selling products or recruiting people. Something I can really sink my teeth into and has the potential to generate a full-time passive income from home. If you have the same interest as me, you can check this out.
But the real reason why making a life-changing income with Total Life Changes is tough is because you’ll need to reach out to hundreds and thousands of people to promote your business, and this is where most people fail.
Many people who joined Total Life Changes ran out of prospects only a few months into the business. And without the proper training and guidance, many of them got stuck and eventually quit.
To be successful with this business, you’ll have the constant need to find new people to replace the others that dropped out of your team. As a matter of fact, lack of leads is the top reason why less than 5% of the Life Changers actually made a decent income.
But if you think that you have what it takes to beat the odds and hit your financial goal as a Life Changer, then I highly recommend that you equip yourself with the proper set of skills to do so.
Thank you for taking the time to read this Total Life Changes review. I hope that you found the answers that you were looking for.
Until next time and whether you join Total Life Changes or start an online business based on your passion, I wish you the best.
Someone you know have probably introduced you to Essante Organics and told you all the good things about this company. Or could it be that you came across the company on social media and you...