Firstly, congratulations on building your blog to a large scale, and I know you are looking for ways to maximize your blog income.
If you haven’t considered affiliate marketing or you are not earning a good affiliate income yet, I recommend that you check this out.
Now, what I’ve prepared for you here is a list of the highest-paying ad networks for seasoned bloggers.
Though some of them have strict guidelines and policies, they offer some of the highest rates when it comes to remuneration.
The following is listed in order of potential revenue. We’ve calculated the average CPM based on the data collected from bloggers who’ve earned money through the ad networks.
|Ad Network||Required Site Traffic||Estimated Avg CPM|
|Mediavine||25,000 sessions per month||$20.50|
|Monumetric||10,000 page views per month||$18.32|
|AdThrive||100,000 page views per month||$15.24|
|Ezoic||10,000 page views per month||$13.61|
Mediavine is a full-service ad management company owned by former publishers. It started operating way back in 2004 and claims that average sites see as much as a 200% speed increase when partnering with them.
Mediavine is partnered with PubNation and it is also a Google Certified Publishing Partner. It means Mediavine are experts when it comes to supporting web publishers with Google’s suite of tools.
Basic requirements to join Mediavine – Now, there are a couple of things but I’ll just list the most important ones.
- It is free to join Mediavine however, your site must have at least 25,000 sessions a month (with Google Analytics proof) and be in good standing with Google AdSense.
- Your site must produce original content in categories such as food, parenting, DIY, health, fitness, fashion, travel, crafts, education, finance, lifestyle, or entertainment. Although if your contents are outside the aforementioned niches, Mediavine might still consider your application.
- Mediavine prefers sites with regularly updated long content because it has been proven to monetize well with Mediavine ads.
- Your site design must accommodate Mediavine’s specified ad placements.
- Mediavine requires exclusive access to both your mobile and desktop ad inventory.
How much can you earn with Mediavine? Based on the data provided by the company, bloggers (publishers) across different niches have an average of $20.50 per 1,000 ad impressions.
|User||Type of Blog|
|Ad Revenue||Page Views||eCPM|
|1.||Fashion and Lifestyle||$3,145.92||167,000||$18.83|
|10.||Beauty and Travel||$2,837.61||114,528||$24.77|
- Typical Application Approval Rate – 14 to 21 days
- Ad Offer Types – CPM, CPC, CPA
- Payment Options – Paypal, ACH, Wire Transfers, and Check
- Minimum Payout Threshold – $25 (paid within 65 days)
- Ad Filtering – You can block or opt-out of ad categories that you don’t want to appear on your site
- Highest eCPM traffic source – Traffic from tier 1 countries like the US, UK, Canada, and Europe gives the best eCPM with Mediavine
- Mediavine has a solid reputation and it is free to join
- User-friendly dashboard and provides customized ad optimization for your site
- Faster site load speed when compared to other ad networks
- Most publishers who joined Mediavine earned significantly more compared to other popular networks like Google AdSense
- Supports payments through multiple outlets including PayPal
- Payment processing period takes 65 days
- A site with poor Google AdSense standing won’t be accepted
- You cannot display Ads from other networks with Mediavine
- Mediavine will show more than 5 ads on a single page which might annoy your visitors
- Majority of your traffic must come from tier 1 regions and if too much of your traffic is coming from regions that their partners aren’t interested in, your application will be denied
Monumetric (Formerly The Blogger Network)
Monumetric is a full-service ad network founded by publishers way back in in 2012. It was previously known as The Blogger Network but re-branded to Monumetric in 2016.
Monumetric is best known for its fast-loading ads, multiple sticky unit options, header bidding and excellent customer service.
Basic requirements to join Monumetric
- A minimum of 10,000 page views per month is required and sites with less than 80,000 page view a month must pay $99 to join
- Monumetric publishers with site traffic between 10k-80k page views per month must have a minimum of 6 ads on their site
- Content must be original and has no copyrighted material
- Your site must not have “sensitive” contents including black magic, cosmetic procedures, body modification, dating, references to sex and sexuality, religion, politics, and drugs
- No invalid clicks, impressions and encouraging clicks are allowed
How much can you earn with Monumetric? Publishers earn an average of $18.32 RPM but blogs in travel, DIY, and food niches show more success.
|User||Blog Type||Ad Revenue||Page Views||RPM|
|1.||Health and Fitness||$25.21||239,895||$0.11|
|2.||Health and Fitness||$27.66||427,621||$0.06|
- Typical Application Approval Rate – 2 to 6 weeks
- Ad Offer Types – CPM, CPC
- Payment Options – PayPal and Wire Transfers
- Minimum Payout Threshold – $100 (paid within 60 days)
- Ad Filtering – You can filter ads that you feel inappropriate to your audience
- Highest RPM traffic source – United States, Canada, and the UK
- Many publishers praise Monumetric for its quick technical support
- If you have more than 80k page views per month, you’ll get total control of the ads on your site. The number of ads, the type of ads, as well as where they are placed.
- You can earn money based on impressions alone; the more traffic you have, the more money you’ll make.
- You can use Monumetric on your site together with other Ad networks like Google AdSense or Media.net
- Sites in food, travel and DIY niches are showing to have generated more income
- You have to pay a $99 setup fee if your site has less than 80,000 monthly page views
- While PayPal payment options I supported, you need to wait at least 60 days to be paid
- Publishers complain about a 1 to 3 days delay on the Monumetric reporting data
- Application approval review could take as long as 6 weeks
- Publishers with site traffic of no more than 10k-80k pages views/month should ask permission if they’re planning to display ads from other ad networks on the same site
- 6 ads on a single page are quite a lot and might annoy your visitors
Media.net pops often as one of the best alternatives to Google AdSense. It is a self-serve Ad network that has started its services since 2010 and has become one of the 5 largest ad tech companies and the second largest contextual advertising business worldwide.
Media.net claims to be the original creator of the display-to-search (D2S) Ad format – a method of pinpointing the most accurate ads for your site by analyzing your page’s contents and the user’s search intent.
Basic requirements to join Media.net
- No free hosted web pages
- Media.net supports almost all niches but you must not have adult, illegal and copyrighted contents
- Your blog contents must be primarily in English
- Your site must not have incomplete pages or have pages without content
- Blog contents must be original, high-quality and regularly updated
How much can you earn with Media.net? An average of $17.78 per 1,000 page views based on the actual income reports by bloggers/publishers from different niches who’ve made money with Media.net.
|User||Blog Type||Ad Revenue||Page Views||RPM|
|3.||Finance and Lifestyle||$37||8,228||$4.50|
|8.||Online Business||$34.31||29, 224||$1.17|
|9.||Health and Fitness||$1.71||15,000||$0.11|
- Typical Application Approval Rate – 24 to 48 hours
- Ad Offer Types – CPM, CPC, CPA, CPL
- Payment Options – Payoneer and Wire Transfers
- Minimum Payout Threshold – $100 (paid within 30 days)
- Highest RPM traffic source – Highest CPM rates in Media.net are for traffics coming from the USA, Canada, or the UK
- You can join for free and there are no minimum traffic requirements
- Media.net sophisticated D2S ad format filters the user’s intent so your ads will be contextual and highly related to your content (e.g. no camera ads on a food blog)
- A dedicated account manager to help you adjust the ads according to your preferences, or help you improve your revenue by offering suggestions
- Media.net can work with other Ad networks in your blog like Google AdSense
- Minimum payout is $100 and only pays via Payoneer or Wire Transfers
- Most of your traffic must be from Tier 1 countries like the USA, Canada, or the UK or you might not get approved
- Many publishers complained about not getting any revenue with Media.net despite getting decent impressions
- CPC ads require that your visitors have to click on advert twice (double clicks) for you to earn
- Revenue updates are updated the day after so there no way to see your Ad performance in real-time
AdThrive was founded in 2013 and has partnered with CafeMedia. It is the largest Google Certified Publishing Partner (GCPP) in the world, an active member of the Interactive Advertiser Bureau (IAB), and the World Wide Web Consortium.
AdThrive claims to be the first to coin the term “Ad Management” back in 2013, the first-of-its-kind service where they (AdThrive) handle everything related to the ads on your site so you can simply focus on creating valuable contents.
Basic requirements to join AdThrive
- Your site must have at least 100,000 page views per month and you must have Google Analytics installed and running
- AdThrive favors sites that are in the food and travel niches but still accepts sites from other niches as well
- Majority of your site traffic must be from the US
- AdThrive doesn’t accept sites with previous advertising infringement
- Your site contents must be original, engaging and provide value for audiences and advertisers
How much can you earn with AdThrive? An average of $15.24 for every 1,000 ad impressions based on the income reports provided by publishers from different niches in the table below.
|User||Type of Blog||Ad Revenue||Page Views||RPM|
|8.||Food and Wellness||$13,787.63||651,056||$21.18|
Note: If you are wondering why User 7 is accepted when the minimum requirement to join AdThrive is 100k monthly page views, it’s because his blog use to have over 160,000 page views per month.
- Typical Application Approval Rate – 3 to 4 business days
- Ad Offer Types – CPM
- Payment Options – PayPal, Wire-Transfers, Direct Deposit, and Check
- Minimum Payout Threshold – $25 (paid within 45 days)
- Ad Filtering – You can’t manually set ad filters for your site but if you see an ad that isn’t family-friendly, you can let AdThrive know and they’ll block it across all AdThrive sites
- Highest RPM traffic source – USA
- Minimum payout is $25 with multiple payment options including PayPal
- Provides a custom Ad layout optimized for your site design, ad preferences, site structure, viewability, and traffic
- AdThrive claims to have the most conservative filter settings on all of their ads to keep everything very family-friendly.
- Provides SEO-optimized ads and publishers get free access to HashtagJeff’s SEO Mastermind course
- AdThrive provides a Payment Guarantee where even an advertiser doesn’t pay them, they will still pay you
- Most publishers who found success with AdThrive are those in the food and travel niche whose major traffic source is from the US
- 100,000 page views per month is tough to achieve and maintain without proper online marketing skills and experience
Ezoic is a tool that provides an automated optimization service to Google Adsense publishers. It was founded in 2010 and is backed by Balderton Capital (a leading venture capital investor in the European Union). It is also a certified partner of Cloudflare, JW Player, Flippa website exchange, and a member of the Coalition for Better Ads.
In September 2014, Ezoic became the world’s first and only tech-based Google Adsense Certified Partner (GCPP). Ezoic claims to increase the ad revenue of bloggers and publishers without sacrificing user experience (UX).
Basic requirements to join Ezoic
- You must have an average of 10,000 page views per month
- Your site contents should be original and provides value to users
- Your site must have a track record of identifiable traffic
- You must adhere to Google’s Ad Policy and must be in good standing with Google AdSense
How much can you earn with Ezoic? $13.61 per 1,000 visitors is the average earnings of bloggers across different niches as detailed below.
|User||Type of Blog||Ad Revenue||Visitors||EPMV|
(earnings per 1000 visitors)
|4.||Data given by Ezoic website||$249.86||32,958||$7.58|
|5.||Data given by Ezoic website||$928.55||569,227||$1.63|
|6.||Data given by Ezoic website||$2,024.11||228,110||$8.87|
|7.||Data given by Ezoic website||$106.31||8,915||$11.92|
|8.||Data given by Ezoic website||$136.41||16,569||$8.23|
|9.||Data given by Ezoic website||$173.39||4,539||$38.20|
|10.||Data given by Ezoic website||$303.08||21,134||$14.34|
|Estimated Avg EPMV||$13.61|
- Typical Application Approval Rate – 24 hours
- Ad Offer Types – CPC, CPM, CPA
- Payment Options – PayPal, Wire-Transfers Payoneer, and Check
- Minimum Payout Threshold – $20 (paid within 30 days)
- Ad Filtering – Publishers can have 100% control over your site including ad partners, ad placements, monetization methods, etc
- Highest EPMV traffic source – USA, UK, Australia, and Canada
- Provides an automated Ad testing and layout testing to optimize revenue and UX for your site
- Comprehensive reporting and analytics that include Revenue, EPMV (earnings per thousand visitors), Page Views, Bounce Rate, Average Engaged Time, Social Shares, etc
- Low payout threshold and offers multiple payment options including PayPal
- Free to join and has a fast application response rate for publishers
- You must join and become a publisher for Google AdSense first
- It can take as much as 30 days to get your site fully optimized
- Maintaining 10,000 monthly page views could be a challenge for some bloggers
- Ezoic’s overall average EPMV isn’t that impressive
Wrapping it up
Thank you for taking the time to read our article about the best-paying ad networks for seasoned bloggers. We hope that we’ve helped you find the ad network that you can join to take your business to the next level.
If you have any thoughts or concerns about anything we’ve discussed in this post, feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section below.
Until here, I wish you all the best in your blogging journey.
If you're looking for ways to start a profitable affiliate marketing business on Pinterest, then this is for you. According to Pinterest Newsroom, the COVID 19 pandemic has caused a significant...
So, you're looking for good ways to generate an income using your ability to speak more than one language? Then this is perfect for you! I took the time and compiled a list of 11 high paying...